One of the more interesting tools on Blogger's dashboard is a map that shows what countries you are getting readers from. Fully aware of the possibility that some people may just be accessing the internet from one country through a server located in another country, it's still curious some of the places that pop up, roughly in order of traffic volume:
1. USA! USA! USA! - OK, OK, no big surprise.
2. Canada - Sure, there are paralegals in Canada. Same basic legal system, and we (mostly) speak the same language, eh?
3. Australia - G'day! Planning to visit sometime, just not looking forward to the flight.
4. New Zealand - Go Kiwis!
5. Germany - My ancestors would be proud that I'm attacting readers from the homeland.
6. France - C'mon, really? They use an entirely different legal system! Guess I have to read up on the Napoleonic Code.
7. Korea - OK. Sure. Why not? Love your food, by the way.
8. Saudi Arabia - Whuck??? I hope one of these readers contacts me, because I have no idea how I attracted readers from Saudi Arabia. Expats? Military? What?