Welcome!

This is a humorous and sarcastic blog written by a paralegal in a mid-sized law firm in a mid-tier market. The goal is to share some of the pitfalls and foibles encountered in my own day-to-day experiences. Feel free to contact me at aparalegalslife@gmail.com with comments. Complaints, not so much :)

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Not dead... yet...

OK, so here's what's up:  Apparently I have severe high blood pressure, exacerbated (probably caused) by the high stress of my job, which resulted in some sort of mild heart-related thing I don't really understand and a super-not-fun stay at the hospital.  I'm home now, and after some forced bed rest am finally allowed to have access to my laptop. 

Looks like I'm in the market for a different job in a lower-stress industry.  Being a Paralegal is now *officially* killing me. 

Fun way to start the new year, huh?

6 comments:

Corporate Paralegal said...

No chance of a work comp claim or civil action against the Office Manager? Hang in there and best of luck in your future endeavors - whether it is in the law business or somewhere else.

texairhead said...

So until you find another position, does this mean you get a prescription for Office Manager to back off, behave and stop screwing up your work life?

Liz T said...

Man that sucks! Best of luck in finding a position that makes you happy and mostly stress-free!

The Goodwill Fangirl said...

I hope you are feeling better - that sounds serious, GH! With all of your legal experience, I'm sure you can do many things - but maybe trying a different firm and a different specialty area could be something to consider, if you want to take advantage of your legal training.

JJ said...

Before you field entirely, might I suggest a change of legal area...or at least an office without an Office Manager.

Ms. Austen said...

That does not sound good - glad you are at home now. I agree with Lynne and JJ about the change of specialty or at least firm. Not all paralegal positions involve "unmanagers." Take care of yourself!