Welcome!

This is a humorous and sarcastic blog written by a paralegal in a mid-sized law firm in a mid-tier market. The goal is to share some of the pitfalls and foibles encountered in my own day-to-day experiences. Feel free to contact me at aparalegalslife@gmail.com with comments. Complaints, not so much :)

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

New Language

It has occured to me that working with lawyers has taught me to be fluent in a language I didn't know existed.  Yes, I can now speak fluent Asshole, often without realizing it. 

Buying breakfast the other morning, this guy cut in line right in front of me, and I let loose on him.  The entire time he was checking out (instead of me).  It wasn't until an hour or so later that I realized I had lapsed into Asshole without knowing it.  Why did I need go Asshole over losing 15 seconds?  It's not worth the stress.  Besides which I was running early.

Admitting you have a problem is the first step.  "Hi, I'm Grumpy, and I am an Asshole..."

No comments: