Welcome!

This is a humorous and sarcastic blog written by a paralegal in a mid-sized law firm in a mid-tier market. The goal is to share some of the pitfalls and foibles encountered in my own day-to-day experiences. Feel free to contact me at aparalegalslife@gmail.com with comments. Complaints, not so much :)

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Workload

I work on a few very big cases, and then a plethora of small ones.  It makes for quite the unpredictable workflow.  At any point, one of my big cases could settle and leave a big hole in my hours.  Alternately (and more commonly), one of the many smaller cases could explode into something large, leaving me with far too much work.

One of my large cases went through trial some time ago and we’re just waiting on the decision.  Another big one has just settled.  In the meantime, I’ve taken on another large case.

This means that one or more of my small cases should be exploding into big ones any minute now to keep the universe in balance.  But which one(s) will it be?  The suspense is killing me.

1 comment:

Corporate Paralegal said...

Paralegal Law #287: It will be the one you least expect. Then you will say "What the hell? I did not see that one coming."