America is going straight down the tubes, and in no particular order here are some of the reasons why:
1. We actually have to TELL people not to text-message while driving, then make it illegal just to drive home the point. Seriously? That falls under “spitting into the wind” stupid.
2. The average American knows more about the personal lives of Hollywood actors than they do about basic geography or recent history.
3. The Kardashians are STILL famous, and no one has yet to provide me with an adequate explanation why. Every time I see a commercial for one of their shows, a piece of my soul dies. Which brings me to…
4. Reality Television, probably the most oxymoronic phrase in the English language.
5. Lawyers are paid more than teachers, yet are vastly less important to the advancement of society and knowledge.
6. We have to put warning labels on coffee that it’s hot. Really? Why don’t we have a plane flying overhead every day with a banner warning us not to look directly at the sun? Who can I sue about that?
7. Congress. (I was going to expand on this, but really. Do I need to? Didn’t think so.) I'd compare them to a pack of monkeys flinging poop at each other, but I think that might offend the monkeys.
Now, don't get me wrong. I still think the USA is one of the greatest places on Earth to live, and I'm proud to do so. But if we don't get our collective heads out of our asses and start acting like intelligent humans, we're freakin' doomed.