Welcome!

This is a humorous and sarcastic blog written by a paralegal in a mid-sized law firm in a mid-tier market. The goal is to share some of the pitfalls and foibles encountered in my own day-to-day experiences. Feel free to contact me at aparalegalslife@gmail.com with comments. Complaints, not so much :)

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Vacations - are they worth it?

Took 4 days off after Labor Day. Wondering if the week off was really worth it in the final cost-benefit analysis. It took 3 days to prepare everyone for me leaving, and nearly 3 full days to recover from the aftermath of returning, followed by another 2 days of hard work that I'm certain was put on hold until I got back.

Half an hour before leaving for said vacation one of the associates saunters into my office with a brand-new complaint he needed filed and served ASAP. He was on his way out to start HIS weekend early, but didn't seem to mind that he was cutting into my vacation, or that I wouldn't be in the office the following week to do the follow-up work. "Just find someone" he said. At 4:50 on Friday afternoon before Labor Day weekend. Jackass.

Being the "dependable go-to paralegal" really sucks sometimes.

No comments: