Welcome!

This is a humorous and sarcastic blog written by a paralegal in a mid-sized law firm in a mid-tier market. The goal is to share some of the pitfalls and foibles encountered in my own day-to-day experiences. Feel free to contact me at aparalegalslife@gmail.com with comments. Complaints, not so much :)

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Random thoughts on Lawyers

Lawyers are very much creatures of habit. Once they get used to doing things a certain way, or working with certain people, doing anything to change that is nearly impossible.

They can also NEVER stop being lawyers. Ever. Example: A mid-level associate sold his house, moved overseas and is pursuing a non-law career in a foreign country, yet I'm STILL getting e-mails from him about how to manage cases. Noone in the firm's management will clarify his exact employment status, so I can't even tell him to piss off. Which I very much want to. I never liked him anyway.

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of good lawyers to work for. Probably 9 out of 10 at my current firm are decent people to work for, but it's the other 1 out of 10 that seem to make everyone's life miserable. When a lawyer is a bad person, it somehow seems to be magnified much more so than with any other profession. Except maybe pro athletes, but I don't know any of them on a personal basis.

No comments: