Welcome!

This is a humorous and sarcastic blog written by a paralegal in a mid-sized law firm in a mid-tier market. The goal is to share some of the pitfalls and foibles encountered in my own day-to-day experiences. Feel free to contact me at aparalegalslife@gmail.com with comments. Complaints, not so much :)

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Why I Blog

A recent post over on Paralegal Hell has me thinking about why I am doing this. It started as simply a way to vent, and I'm hoping to turn it into something that is equal parts venting, lesson teaching and experience-sharing.

There are plenty of blogs out there directed at helping paralegals on a professional basis. They mostly do a good job, and certainly have their place. Practical Paralegalism and The Empowered Paralegal are prominent examples. I've learned valuable advice from these blogs and highly recommend that all members of our profession read and share knowledge.

What I found lacking was a ground-level portrayal of the day-to-day struggles our profession goes through. In this job, it's easy to feel downtrodden and lonely at times. Sometimes it's just nice to know that you aren't alone, and others understand what you put up with. Paralegal Hell inspired me to start sharing my own tales, in the hopes that I can help even one other person have a slightly better day.

4 comments:

Paralegal said...

Thanks Grumpy! I am so glad you started your own blog.
I appreciate you!

Paralegal Hell

The Goodwill Fangirl said...

I keep meaning to comment and tell you how much I like your blog.

Welcome to the teeny tiny corner of the blawgosphere where paralegals rock, rule and otherwise answer life's questions and keep the universe from collapsing into chaos :)

Grumpy Humbug said...

Thank you both! You're too kind.

CS918 said...

Amen!! I have to say after reading yours, PH's and MomaLegals blogs it makes me want to start one of my own... I'm just not sure I have anything that interesting to say! I'm going to keep reading for now, and try to catch up on the whole list.

But seriously, THANK YOU to all of you. You have brought laughter and a sense of "belonging" I guess the old saying is true.. Misery loves company! :) Just kidding, I love/loved being a Paralegal.. even when the world around me was taking the last ten steps off the deep end!