Welcome!

This is a humorous and sarcastic blog written by a paralegal in a mid-sized law firm in a mid-tier market. The goal is to share some of the pitfalls and foibles encountered in my own day-to-day experiences. Feel free to contact me at aparalegalslife@gmail.com with comments. Complaints, not so much :)

Friday, December 17, 2010

Update: December 16, 2010

Wow, has it been a hella bad 10 days.  Can't even begin to tell half of it for fear of losing my precious shred of anonymity, but here's the abridged version:

I have a trial coming up soon.  Big one.  Swamped with last-minute demands for binders filled with this-and-that.  I've billed more hours this week than the entire second quarter of the past year.  Whatever bastard scheduled all this pre-trial crap due the week before X-mas should have a dump-truck full of coal delivered to his front door on Christmas Eve, along with a bill for the Carbon Credits. 

In ordinary circumstances, I would not begrudge pre-trial prep work.  Been there, done that, and it's a key part of the job of a paralegal.  Honestly, it's one of the most exciting things about the job.  Unfortunately, when the trial starts just after New Year, that means your Holiday plans are, well, FUCKED!!! 

Ever tried shopping for presents when you're working 20 hour days?  I'm sure my relatives will appreciate the gift cards, but not really the lack of thought and planning that goes into the gifts.  If I had any free time since Halloween, it would be less of a problem, but unfortunately the $50 billion trial somehow takes precedence over what gifts my relatives get, because I'd prefer to be in a position to buy them gifts next year because I STILL HAVE A FUCKING JOB!!!

OK, rant over.  Been holding onto that for a while, and better to foam at the mouth here than go back to the bottle :) 

No comments: