Welcome!

This is a humorous and sarcastic blog written by a paralegal in a mid-sized law firm in a mid-tier market. The goal is to share some of the pitfalls and foibles encountered in my own day-to-day experiences. Feel free to contact me at aparalegalslife@gmail.com with comments. Complaints, not so much :)

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Lawyers as Witnesses

Towards the beginning of the recent trial, one of the opposite side's witnesses, an in-house attorney, kept trying to steer attention away from certain portions of documents.  I'd swear he started resorting to trying a Jedi Mind Trick on the Judge:

Witness:  "You don't need to read the rest of that contract..."

Judge:  "I already have.  It torpedoes your entire testimony thus far."

Witness:  "That paragraph is of no consquence to this case..."

Judge:  "You are directly contradicting me.  Have you ever heard of contempt of court?"

Witness:  "ummm..."


That was an interesting day. 

No comments: