Welcome!

This is a humorous and sarcastic blog written by a paralegal in a mid-sized law firm in a mid-tier market. The goal is to share some of the pitfalls and foibles encountered in my own day-to-day experiences. Feel free to contact me at aparalegalslife@gmail.com with comments. Complaints, not so much :)

Friday, March 11, 2011

TGIF: You can lead a horse to water, but attorneys will always be idiots

E-mail exchange this morning:
Attorney A to me - see e-mail below from Attorney B and find the doc he's looking for

Me to Attorney A - this document?

Attorney A to me - Yes, that's the one, please forward it to Attorney B.
Pretty typical, except that apparently Attorney A isn't familiar with the concept of "forwarding" e-mails.  Attorney A created additional work for both of us by (a) responding to me instead of forwarding the doc to Attorney B and (b) making me read and send additional e-mails. 

Further, Attorney B is now grateful to me and not Attorney A, since I'm the one who found the critical document and got it to him quickly.  All Attorney A did was pass the request along.  I gave Attorney A the gift-wrapped chance to be the hero, and it was wasted. 

I'm so ready for it to be 5:00.