Welcome!

This is a humorous and sarcastic blog written by a paralegal in a mid-sized law firm in a mid-tier market. The goal is to share some of the pitfalls and foibles encountered in my own day-to-day experiences. Feel free to contact me at aparalegalslife@gmail.com with comments. Complaints, not so much :)

Friday, September 2, 2011

Leaving - The Other Paralegals

Strangely (or perhaps not so much), the news that I am leaving has been met with great happiness by the other Paralegals.  Most are happy for the increase in prestige and responsibility that the new job involves.  Most also are thrilled I've found a way out, which the rest of them also want to do.  All of them, however, are secretly thrilled that my leaving will prevent additional layoffs in the short term as work continues to dry up. 

My caseload is being divided up among 4 other paralegals, which should say something about how much work has been dumped on me over the years.  Not to say how little work those 4 have been doing that they can each absorb a quarter of my work without complaining.

It's nice to know that my last act at the firm is greeted warmly by my co-workers.  I'm giving them the gift of additional work in a slow time, and added job security.  Just call me Saint Grumpy :)
 

1 comment:

Daphne said...

Dear Saint Grumpy: I do wish you all the best of luck in your new gig :)