After *cough*-teen years of doing this job, I've learned of a few sure-fire signs of a bad day to come...
1. Your attorney e-filed something the night before without assistance.
2. You show up early, but people are already staking out your desk needing "a favor".
3. There's nothing on the calendar. (Trust me on this one. Those are the worst.)
4. It's your last day before a week off.
5. It's the last day before a long weekend.
6. An attorney walks into your office and starts the conversation with the phrase "Good news!"
7. You just got your desk cleaned off yesterday.