Welcome!

This is a humorous and sarcastic blog written by a paralegal in a mid-sized law firm in a mid-tier market. The goal is to share some of the pitfalls and foibles encountered in my own day-to-day experiences. Feel free to contact me at aparalegalslife@gmail.com with comments. Complaints, not so much :)

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

How To Know You're Going To Have A Bad Day

After *cough*-teen years of doing this job, I've learned of a few sure-fire signs of a bad day to come...

1.  Your attorney e-filed something the night before without assistance.

2.  You show up early, but people are already staking out your desk needing "a favor".

3.  There's nothing on the calendar.  (Trust me on this one.  Those are the worst.)

4.  It's your last day before a week off.

5.  It's the last day before a long weekend.

6.  An attorney walks into your office and starts the conversation with the phrase "Good news!"

7.  You just got your desk cleaned off yesterday.

4 comments:

The Goodwill Fangirl said...

Hehe, don't fall for the "Good News!" ploy, peeps :P

LostParalegal said...

Attorney smiles viciously as you walk in and are standing at your desk before you've even got your coat off, and open the conversation with "You're not busy today, right?"

Corporate Paralegal said...

#3, #4 & #7 are your warnings that the perfect storm is about to blow through.

JJ said...

Boy did you sum that up! I like the one where my boss hands me a file as I walk into the office. That is a BAD sign...