Welcome!

This is a humorous and sarcastic blog written by a paralegal in a mid-sized law firm in a mid-tier market. The goal is to share some of the pitfalls and foibles encountered in my own day-to-day experiences. Feel free to contact me at aparalegalslife@gmail.com with comments. Complaints, not so much :)

Monday, December 12, 2011

Being a Superhero

Typically my new firm practices in one court.  That said, the chief reason they brought me on board is my deep experience in many different courts and practice areas.  Since this office is expanding and noone knows where they will be needing help, they felt it was important to have someone who could handle almost anything.  Unfortunately, since things are slow right now there hasn't been much of a chance for me to dazzle the new attorneys with my awesomeness.  (Not that I'm complaining.  After many years of being an overburdened underpaid minion at my last firm, it's nice to have a reasonable workload and get home before 8 PM more often than not.) 

Until last week.  A surprise matter popped up in a court none of the attorneys in our office had ever worked in.  Fortunately, it's one I've worked in since Clinton was President and pleadings were filed on paper.  (Yes, we used to file pleadings on paper by hand delivery to the Clerk's Office.  And yes, I'm that old.) 

Since the attorneys in my office knew diddly squat about this court, everyone was running around in a tizzy trying to figure out what we had to do.  I stepped in, calmly explained in detail all the steps they had to take, drafted the appropriate pleadings and effectively took control.  Crisis averted, user logins obtained, pleadings timely filed and we made our main office very happy.

My attorneys are finally grasping how awesome I really am.  Just in time for the holidays. 

1 comment:

jenna! said...

I love it when a plan comes together.