Welcome!

This is a humorous and sarcastic blog written by a paralegal in a mid-sized law firm in a mid-tier market. The goal is to share some of the pitfalls and foibles encountered in my own day-to-day experiences. Feel free to contact me at aparalegalslife@gmail.com with comments. Complaints, not so much :)

Monday, April 9, 2012

Next Time I Go On Vacation, I'm Never Coming Back

I was out of the office for 4 work days and one holiday, and got roughly 650 e-mails during that time.  My inbox looks like a paper monster went on a bender and used it as a chuck bucket.  My desk was somehow replaced with a large pile of redwelds and boxes with 4 stubby wooden legs under it. 

The worst part:  Stuff On My Chair.  Everyone knew I was out for the whole week, yet still somehow thought it was a good idea to put Stuff On My Chair with notes that it was supposed to be done by last Thursday.

Honestly, I really begin to wonder whether it would be better to just never go on vacation again, or be unemployed. 

2 comments:

Deadpan Alley said...

Welcome back!

When I take days off, I always tape a note to my chair that says something like, "I will be out of the office until [return date] - put things in my chair at your own risk..." Not that it does any good.

The Goodwill Fangirl said...

Atta boy! When I went to the beach with Dear Hubby last week, I begged him to leave me there until I maxed out my credit card. I figured I was golden for at least six mos :P