Welcome!

This is a humorous and sarcastic blog written by a paralegal in a mid-sized law firm in a mid-tier market. The goal is to share some of the pitfalls and foibles encountered in my own day-to-day experiences. Feel free to contact me at aparalegalslife@gmail.com with comments. Complaints, not so much :)

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Mardi Gras and Felines

Happy Shrove Tuesday!  I'd rather be in New Orleans at the parade, but alas these depositions won't summarize themselves.  (Would help if the attorneys took notes during the dep or something...)  So instead, I'll celebrate at home with Girlfriend and the cats: Fluffy, Cranky and Stupid.  (Names have been changed to protect the innocent.)  Fluffy and Cranky belong to Girlfriend.  Stupid is mine, for better or worse. 

Stupid is the most loving animal I've ever had, but about as smart as a pile of rocks.  (Seriously.  We took out a door once and he stood there staring at the opening for days trying to figure out what happened.)  His one redeeming quality is the desire to sit on my lap at every possible moment and quietly snuggle.  After a long day dealing with lawyers, sometimes it is nice to just quietly pet your cat and bounce revenge ideas off of him tell him about your day.  It keeps me sane(r). 

No comments: