Welcome!

This is a humorous and sarcastic blog written by a paralegal in a mid-sized law firm in a mid-tier market. The goal is to share some of the pitfalls and foibles encountered in my own day-to-day experiences. Feel free to contact me at aparalegalslife@gmail.com with comments. Complaints, not so much :)

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Monster on the Floor

Organization will set you free.  Unless (like me) you've spent 3 months ignoring a particular file and are now behind in keeping it updated.  I've done just about everything else humanly possible over the past couple of weeks to avoid dealing with this monstrosity.  It's spilling off the shelf onto the floor in ever-growing piles.  My desk looks like K-2 from this morning's attempt to sort this crap. 

Why, oh why, do I do this to myself?  I know this file has to be organized, but just can't force myself to do the work until it's beyond control.  It's just this one file, though.  What power does it have over my subconcious?  Why is this case different from the dozen or so other ones I dilligently update weekly?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In the words of Einstein:

"If a cluttered desk signs a cluttered mind, then, what, is an empty desk a sign?"

But, I feel your pain, Grumpy.

I JUST finished a two month long task of printing, organizing, and putting into pleadings binders (my worst enemy) spanning 35 volumes of a case. Oh, with indices. I was so happy about it I almost burst into my boss's office (Pear Bottom) proclaiming I had finished.

What does he ask me? Have I finished the other 6 associated cases as well.

FML