Welcome!

This is a humorous and sarcastic blog written by a paralegal in a mid-sized law firm in a mid-tier market. The goal is to share some of the pitfalls and foibles encountered in my own day-to-day experiences. Feel free to contact me at aparalegalslife@gmail.com with comments. Complaints, not so much :)

Friday, December 16, 2011

There But For The Grace of a Practice Group...

A young associate I'm friendly with over in the Corporate group ("Bob") has been working day and night on a deal for the better part of a week.  This morning, I show up early to the office to find him still hunched over his desk like Quasimodo, hammering away on his keyboard, exactly as he was last night when I left, roughly 12 hours before.  Here's how the conversation went:

Me:  "Good morning."
Bob:  *blink* "It's morning?"
Me:  "Yes.  When was the last time you went home?"
Bob:  "I'm not sure, is it still December?"
Me:  "Yes, you've got a few days left.  It probably wouldn't kill you to go home and... you know... shower?" 
Bob:  *sniff*  "Maybe you're right."

Bob lives 2 miles from the office.  I'm pretty sure he hadn't been home in several days.  Even during the worst trials, I always manage to find an hour or two each day to go home for a shower and change of clothes. 

Now ask me again why I didn't go to law school. 

No comments: