Welcome!

This is a humorous and sarcastic blog written by a paralegal in a mid-sized law firm in a mid-tier market. The goal is to share some of the pitfalls and foibles encountered in my own day-to-day experiences. Feel free to contact me at aparalegalslife@gmail.com with comments. Complaints, not so much :)

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Warning Signs

1.  All the lawyers are gone.  That's usually when the sh*t hits the fan and everything goes to hell.  More so if they are all gone on a firm retreat and are too inebriated to help by phone or e-mail.  (Yes, I have been there.)

2.  A lawyer actually says "thank you" for something that doesn't really deserve thanks.  Not a guaranteed warning sign of Bad Things, but certainly a good possibility.

3.  It's the last day before you go on vacation for a week.  Double points if you have a flight to catch that evening.  Triple if it's overseas.  That's why I always have my suitcase packed and in the car my last day before vacation. 

4.  You come in one morning to several dozen new e-mails from your attorney(s), all sent in the wee hours of the morning.

No comments: