Welcome!

This is a humorous and sarcastic blog written by a paralegal in a mid-sized law firm in a mid-tier market. The goal is to share some of the pitfalls and foibles encountered in my own day-to-day experiences. Feel free to contact me at aparalegalslife@gmail.com with comments. Complaints, not so much :)

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

When it rains...

After some soul-searching, and a brief refresher of my resume, I began the onerous task of looking for a new job.  It's become apparent that continuing exposure to the UnManager is hazardous to my health.  After just over a week, I've already had 3 interviews.  Two more firms have called to say that they would love to hire me based on my experience alone, but don't have any positions available. 

No offers as of yet, though.  One thing I have learned from this experience is not to jump at the first offer.  While nearly anything else would be an improvement over working with UM, there is something to be said for the devil you know. 

3 comments:

Scott Jacobs said...

I would be interested in what the response will be during your exit interview when they ask "Is there any particular reason you are leaving" and your answer is "The UM, and only the UM."

Not that they would ask that, but it is fun to dream...

Liz T said...

Yeah - great news that things are happening and doors are opening for you in this economy!!! I hope you find a great place to work! Good luck!!!

Anonymous said...

When I originally commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and now each time
a comment is added I get three e-mails with the same comment.
Is there any way you can remove me from that service?
Bless you!

Also visit my blog ... let me watch this