Welcome!

This is a humorous and sarcastic blog written by a paralegal in a mid-sized law firm in a mid-tier market. The goal is to share some of the pitfalls and foibles encountered in my own day-to-day experiences. Feel free to contact me at aparalegalslife@gmail.com with comments. Complaints, not so much :)

Monday, May 2, 2011

Process Servers can read, can't they?

Why is it so difficult to get people to follow simple instructions?  When I send a subpoena to a process server as a rush matter, I include a polite request to fax or e-mail the proof of service back to me.  Inevitably, they do not, put the original in the mail and failed to keep a copy for themselves.  I've worked with hundreds of process servers in dozens of states, and ALL OF THEM do the exact same thing.  What the hell am I doing wrong?  Is there some secret I don't know on how to get process servers to cooperate?

No comments: