Welcome!

This is a humorous and sarcastic blog written by a paralegal in a mid-sized law firm in a mid-tier market. The goal is to share some of the pitfalls and foibles encountered in my own day-to-day experiences. Feel free to contact me at aparalegalslife@gmail.com with comments. Complaints, not so much :)

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

This Makes No Sense

The office I am now working in is much smaller than my previous one.  Far fewer people, although the firm itself is much larger.  I also have a much broader range of responsibilities.

So tell me why, after 2 weeks off, I come back to this job and there's almost nothing for me to clean up?  At my last firm, I was one of many, but noone could be bothered to handle anything when I took time off, so I had to spend hours (sometimes days) getting caught up.

I am pleasantly perplexed.

1 comment:

fort worth 8 l said...

Bigger teams breed more compartmentalization and specialization. Therefore in a bigger office, there is a greater feeling of only so-and-so can handle that. In a smaller office, there is more of a sense of needing to step up and handle for each other.